Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Village magazine - April 2018

Bowls Club News - APRIL 2018

It won't be long now before the green is open, normally the second week in April, so we are hoping the weather will allow all the work needed to prepare the green can be done. Our green keeping staff have been busy all winter as the grass has continued to grow and needs cutting at least once a week.

This year we will once again be hoping to increase our membership by promoting the Club as much as we can. We will be having an Open Day on the 27th May with an opportunity for everybody to try bowling. We really would like to see some youngsters getting involved.

We will be starting our Coaching evenings and I will publicise these as soon as they are confirmed. Anybody can come along to these evenings and just join in with what is going on. Equipment for all ages is available.

So many people this winter have been poorly in some form or other and there has been a lot of flu-like symptoms, if you have been unwell I hope that you will all soon feel better as the weather improves. The Bowlers will soon be the envy of everybody else as the sun has its effect and we all look suntanned and fit!

Sad news has to follow as I report the death of one of our members, namely Mary Robinson. Mary had suffered over the last few years and succumbed towards the end of February. She was a lovely lady who enjoyed life so much, she was a very keen bowler and along with her husband Bill, was involved with the Bowls Club in all areas. She will be sadly missed and our condolences go to Bill and the rest of the family at this sad time.

Peter Berry